Meet the Doctors
We are proud of our doctors here at VanderLugt & Mulder Dental. They work to bring their patients high-quality dental care in a friendly environment. They are each known for their personable, caring attitude and for providing excellent dental work.
Meet Brian Mulder, DDS
Dr. Mulder has been in private practice since 2005. He enjoys all aspects of dentistry, especially the areas of cosmetic dentistry and endodontics. Because he believes that oral health is the gateway to overall health, he’s dedicated to helping others achieve a healthy, beautiful smile.
- Doctor of Dental Surgery, University of Detroit Mercy School of Dentistry – 2001-2005
- Bachelor of Science, Calvin College, Grand Rapids MI – 1997-2001
Licensures and certifications
- North East Regional Boards – 2005
- National Boards Part I – 2003
- National Boards Part II – 2005
- Basic Life Support training and CPR – 2014
- American Student Dental Association – 2001-2005
- American Dental Association – 2001-present
- Michigan Dental Association – 2001-present
- West Michigan District Dental Society – 2005-present
- Delegate or alternate for the Michigan Dental Assoc. House of Delegates – 2010-2012, 2014
- Director for the Board of the West MI District Dental Society- 2012-present
- Oral Surgery Externship
- Periodontal Clerkship Program
Honors and awards
- Pierre Fauchard Academy Student Member Invitation
- Michigan Tuition Grant
Professional development or seminars
- Dr. Mulder has taken roughly twice as many continuing education credits than what is required for maintaining a license. These include accreditations from the following organizations:
- Dental Organization for Conscious Sedation (DOCS)
- Faculty for Orthodontic Research and Continuing Education (FORCE)
Outside the office
Born and raised in Grand Rapids, Dr. Mulder is married to his best friend, Rachel. They are proud parents of two beautiful children, Jonah and Emerson. In his spare time, Dr. Mulder enjoys spending time with his family and traveling. He also enjoys many outdoor activities such as downhill skiing, water skiing, golf, hunting, snowmobiling and biking.
To make an appointment, call 616.455.8400 or click here to request an appointment online.